vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Now back to our regularly scheduled programming, there is an individual on here who also has a really bad heart too - I think (but I don't know) that it was vreihen16.
They sent me home to die in 2016, after seven weeks in the regional trauma center. I didn't know about the "to die" part until two years later, when my cardiologist had to figure out how to do a step-down of the 24/7 IV medication with no FDA-published procedure because I was too stubborn to die and the medication was only approved for 72 hours of use except in terminal patients. The national company managing the IV infusion and providing my home nurse visits also had to draft a disconnect procedure for their own procedures book, because they apparently didn't have one.

While I was in the hospital, Dr. Doom wanted to install an LVAD as a bridge to a heart transplant. I refused both options, and will leave you do the research on LVADs if they are talking about it for your condition.

My plumbing is 100% clear, and I have no valve problems or ever had a heart attack. Just years of fluid retention, that drowned my heart to the point where the muscles could only do 15% EF. I'm on heavy doses of diuretics (aka: vitamin pee), and my DW is jealous because my legs are mostly bone with zero water bloat.

Quote:
He may have some tips for you if you are in trouble - based on what he voluntarily eats for breakfast, I've concluded his will to live is nothing short of remarkable. I'd have bit the big one long ago if faced with his dietary choices.
The food is nothing. They pulled my competition license, told me that I can't even go watch a motorsports event as a spectator, wouldn't let me drive myself anywhere, and tried to put me out on permanent disability. If that wasn't enough to make me do a swan dive off a tall bridge, the doctors have also told me that my heart isn't healthy enough for *that* either!

Long story short, keep a positive attitude, surround yourself with positive people, and don't lose the will to live.....