View Single Post
      08-07-2022, 09:50 AM   #9
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000cs View Post
Which mfgr did you use for the whole house? I’ve been looking at them, esp Siemens since that is my breaker.
The rule of thumb is to stick with the manufacturer of your main panel for a whole house protector. So in your case it would be Siemens. Here's one on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Siemens-QSA20...eae8f9840&th=1

They're really pretty easy to install if your comfortable with electrical work. Pretty much all of them from what I've seen snap in like a normal breaker with a ground wire that needs to be attached to the grounding bus bar in the panel.

My panel is from Square D so I used one from them. Mine required a dual breaker that I then wired the surge protector to the breaker. The nice thing about the Square D setup is the system is modular. I can replace the line power surge protector separate from the land line phone and cable surge modules. The surge protector also has a status LED I can view as the setup is an auxiliary enclosure that mounts to the outside of the panel.