View Single Post
      05-29-2008, 01:50 PM   #11
mtech8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 19' X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck92103 View Post
I don't think the 2009 model run will start until October/November.

It is an oddball release time. The 2008 X6 was referred to in the press as a 2009 model. I am not sure what determines the year they choose. Might have something to do witgh BMWFS and leasing.
Shenard. Don't mean to rain on your parade. But I'm gonna agree with Chuck on this one. The car might be produced earlier, but it might not get to you until after the official launch date of the 50i.

A dealer contacted me back in Feburary. Claimed that they had an immediate production slot of the X6 35i and that I could see the car in about 6-8 weeks. Although doubtful, I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Needless to say that I waited and waited until a couple days after the offical launch to actually see the car. On the plus side, the car was one of the first ones to come out. (Though there were reports that a few X6's were seen driving around prior to the launch date).

I absolutely love the X6 and wished I could have taken it home, I had to pass on it and go with a X5. Compromises one makes with a family.
Appreciate 0