View Single Post
      11-26-2018, 11:09 AM   #2178
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
The demographics play a huge part. As far as places, in college I found going to bars only led to meeting the scum of society. Girls you wouldn't want to touch with a 10 foot pole and rubber gloves. I joined several clubs, and met some real hotties who had great personalities also. Playing sports helped a lot, you meet people who are outgoing and fun.

For dating apps, this means joining something like Match in comparison to Tinder, even though dating apps are generally a crapshoot anyway. Also, put out there what you are looking for. If you want a relationship, say so on your profile, this will attract like minded people.
I'll agree with all of this. I must say that I have never picked up or dated anyone from a bar. The funny thing is that anytime I've ever been in a bar, anyone outside of the people that I'm with all act like I am an outsider of some kind. Personally, I'm ok with this; I wouldn't date anyone who is known by everyone in a bar anyway. In my opinion, those that frequent bars are the same people that you constantly see on apps like POF - the ones that complain that there are no real men left and are constantly in and out of bad relationships. I guess this touches on the point you made about quality of people.