Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Drives: orange BMW 1M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
Meh. I've driven the 718 and don't disagree that it is a lovely and very fast car. The problem I have is the ridiculous pricing that has come about recently on them. I priced out a very reasonable, non S Cayman recently and it came out to $69K. To pay more for a Cayman than an M4 just doesn't make sense to me. I just don't get it.
Comparing a 3,000-pound, two-seat, mid-engine sports car with proprietary engines and not one -- not two -- but three liquid cooling systems to a near 4,000-pound, four-seat, front-engined mid-size coupe that shares umpteen dozen drivetrain parts with other BMWs just demonstrates how little you realize what you're actually paying for.

Enjoy your M4. I couldn't be caught dead in a car that bloated.
the M4 is 3500-3600lbs. 718 is 3000. Unlike the 718 the M4 is actually practical...and you can transport people.

I would never want to buy a 4 banger Porsche. I'm sure others will agree that is a total waste of money...to buy a Porsche and not get one of the best things about it; a sweet, singing 6. It's like buying a decaf coffee; triple filtered to remove the kick. A product of clever advertising and product placement.