View Single Post
      08-29-2018, 03:40 PM   #49
tennisfreak
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGM135is View Post
While I agree Porsche does nickle and dime you for options even worse than BMW, you buy what you want. Some people buy Porsches as a track car so all those options add weight. Which is why Porsche now offers a 911 T and I believe will offer a Cayman T. The cost is high for options and I've even complained about it before. But in reality, what was kind of said above is true. There is no sports car at that price range that allows you to spec it out exactly how you want. With other brands if you want a nice stereo, you have to buy the tech package which is bundled with a bunch of other stuff for example. On the Porsche if you want a nicer stereo you select just that. If you just want power seat and nothing else, that's possible too.

What I do appreciate about the Porsche that I didn't realize if the fit and finish. I am surprised that the convertible when the top is up is as quiet as a regular car. Panel gaps are nice and tight. Ergonomics are great and finding the right seating position was easy. With the top down, there is no buffeting. I do have a wind screen behind me, but my Corvette with the top off does have buffeting in certain situations.

With all that said, I don't think I would buy a Porsche new, but as a CPO or used like I did. Which is also what I did with the 135is. The sticker on the 135is was almost $51k in 2013.....kind of pricy I think. It is fully loaded though, less the parking sensors.
You are right about cpo. I love the Cayman and a few years ago I was buying one used when it was sold it from underneath me.
It's a great car, I just can't justify the price of one new.