View Single Post
      06-03-2023, 09:18 PM   #1
Aalfred
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2023 M3CX, 2018 X3 M40i

So I finally was able to get my first car wash done and gotto say I was very nervous but turned out great. It also was very therapeutic and kinda gives u some time to just relax and do your own thing. The 827M wheels were a pain to clean but this is what I did

1. Wet wheels with hose, Used P&S Brake buster. Then let is sit for few min and used a hand microfiber mitt and woolywormitt brush to clean them. Rinsed with hose

2. Wet the whole car with garden hose and then used MJJC foam cannon with Adams Mega Foam. It turned out great !!! Let it sit for 5-6 min and Used a hand Mitt and gently wiped the foam being careful not to press too hard. Used 2 buckets of water to rinse the mitt in between to make sure no dirt is stuck on the mitt. Used 40 deg nozzle on my Greenworks pressure washer and rinsed the whole car thoroughly.

3. Used the Rag Company Liquid8 drying towel and I was amazed how much it sucked the water off. I gently laid it on the panel and just dragged it without putting any pressure and it wiped it clean without any streaks. I was able to wipe the whole car with just one towel. I used a separate drying towel to wipe the side skirts as it was too low to the ground and didn’t want my large towel to pick up any dirt on the ground.

4. Used Griots Speed shine and used rag company clean microfiber towels to apply them. They turned out great and the shine was amazing and just like when I first got the car.

I’ve been lazy in the past about washing car and just used the laser washes but I couldn’t believe the difference between the two. There were zero water spots or run offs. If time permits I hope to hand wash my car Atleast once or twice a month and use the touchless as little as possible.

Anyone is on the fence about washing their car, just do it. It looks daunting but once u get the steps right, it’s very simple. Just need the right tools and give urself enough time. Cheers
Attached Images