View Single Post
      09-30-2020, 01:06 AM   #25
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Two things.

Best luxury focused car I have owned was our Cadillac XTS Platinum. I really liked that car and for the price at that time it was a great deal. Super comfortable seats, amazing sound system, everything was wrapped in leather and I was very surprised how good the ride and handling were for such a large land yacht. That being said it was luckily CPO because it was at the dealer a lot. No major issues but lots and lots of little stuff. I will say the Cadillac dealer experience has been probably the best of any of the brands I've owned.

If that's too old man for you (I owned it a few years ago and I'm in my late 30s now so) then I would go with the Tesla. Model Y or Model 3. For all the whining people do about build quality etc and while there are definitely down sides with Tesla. I think it's a fantastic car. I bought mine used with 12k miles so maybe the previous owner fixed stuff, but I haven't really had any big issues with the car or the build quality. Honestly my expectation were low considering all the bitching I hear about build quality. No none car person (and probably a lot of car people) would not be able to point out and "build quality" issues on my car. Maybe some panel gaps are bigger than they should be and what not but the car is perfectly fine. I found all the materials in the interior to be of better quality than I was expecting, while it's a spartan interior, nothing IMO feels cheap.

All the materials feel nice, I love the fake leather they use (at least on the white interior) it's very soft and nice feeling. The sound system is amazing, the tech is awesome (if you like tech) and being able to plugin in your garage and never having to go to a gas station, having a full "tank" everyday when you get up is awesome. Plus almost no maintenance required and should hopefully be more reliable (drivetrain) that any gas car.

Downsides are Tesla service sucks. At least the service center I went to was a total cluster fuck with a bunch of young kids seemingly running it disastrously. However your center may be better. Also it's a very techy car. If you don't like tech stuff probably not for you.