mcc3456
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: Alfa QVs & 4C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Or moving to another segment.
It is to no surprise that traditional segments continue to be eaten away by sales of more popular equivalent SUV models. We are starting to see this migration in other markets. Someone who is in the market for a 3er,C-Klasse,A4 or Guilia would more than likely leave with an X3,GLC,Q5 or Stelvio.

If we take European markets the 1er as an example in the C-Segment is being sustained by customers migrating to the 2er Active Tourer, X1 and now the X2.

Every manufacturer is being driven by their SUV sales in the USA. When the new X5 comes in line I am expecting to see slight decline with the 5er same for the 7er with the X7 in the USA despite the arrival of the LCI with a full line of updated engines and drivetrains.
I agree and disagree. Yes, there is a migration to SUVs, but the GLC is killing the new X3. BMW 3/4 Series, Audi A3/A4, and Mercedes C Class sales are down, but Alfa Giulia is actually way up. Though only 1,200ish sales per month, but 18 months ago, they weren’t even in the U.S., so they are stealing 14-15k/year from somebody, and it appears to be the Germans. The Kia Stinger did 1,700+ in sales last month too. The Germans definitely need to step it up as they no longer dominate the performance segment like they once did, and it is only going to get even more cutthroat in MY2019.