Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcc3456 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 530iDriver View Post
With BMWUSA ending heavy subsidized lease deals, you can expect their sales number to suffer. A new BMW X2 or 330i costs the average annual national income of an American family. Very few can swing the purchase of $50K+ new vehicles. Salaries have remained stagnant vs the prices of new cars and housing....
I just found it striking that the 2, 3, 4 series all declined, and 5, 7 series were up. I get more excitement for new models but when your bread and butter is off, that's kind of worrisome. Clearly bleeding sales to elsewhere (Alfa, Audi, Mercedes...???) but who picking up the lion's share of lost sales.
2 Series is a very good car, but too specialty if you will. Lacks a 4 door option, which limits its appeal. A bit pricey too.

3 Series is at this end of its production cycle. It is a 6 year old model whose age and deficiencies are glaring in the face of stronger competition. F30 platform handling dynamics and interior quality has been the Achilles heel of this generation. Even the LCI could not significantly improve the car. The most forgettable of all 3-Series iterations. Will the G20 pick up where the E90 left off?

4 Series ditto another F30 platform better looking but same deficiencies.

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
mcc3456332.00