View Single Post
      06-01-2018, 01:21 PM   #331
Major General

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southwest

iTrader: (0)

Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
It happens all the time. From what I understand, to immigrate to Canada, you have to start a business and employ at least one Canadian. Not so here...
You need to brush up on this a bit.
I only know what my Canadian friends tell me, and this:

Express Entry for Skilled Workers. The skilled worker class is considered by many to be the most effective way to gain Canadian residency. People with at least 12 months of full time managerial, professional, or skilled trade work experience may apply under this category.[3]

When applying through this class, officials will consider your age, work experience, education, and the field in which you will be working.

Business Start-up or Investor. These types of visas are meant for individuals who are entrepreneurs, own their own businesses, or who are professional investors. Investors who wish to apply through the investor channel must have a net worth of at least $10 million Canadian Dollars or more.[4]

Provincial. Provincial class residency occurs when a specific Canadian province selects you to move to it. This form of residency is relatively rare.

Family Sponsored. In the family class, your family members who already live in Canada can agree to sponsor your immigration to the country.

Quebec-Selected. Quebec-selected immigration is similar to Provincial class residency, except it is the Provincial government that selects you on behalf of the Federal Government. It is designed for students, business people : including the Quebec VIP Investment visa Program , temporary workers, families, and refugees who only want to move to Quebec.

International Adoption. In the international adoption class, current Canadian citizens who have adopted a baby or child from another country can secure the child's Canadian residency.

Refugees. People who are fleeing their home countries for safety reasons may also apply for residency by completing a refugee application. Sponsorship to help with the cost of the application and relocating to Canada is also available.[5]

Caregivers. If you are coming to Canada for the purpose of caring for a Canadian resident or citizen, then you may be able to apply for a Caregiver visa.

Self-Employed. If you work for yourself, then you may be able to apply for a visa as a self-employed individual. Keep in mind that you may have to prove that you have an income of at least $40,000 per year and that you could continue to earn as much living in Canada.[6]
<OO (llll)(llll) OO>