View Single Post
      04-06-2019, 06:04 PM   #43
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2013 135i

Just did the DC event today at FedEx. BMW really scaled down the event this year over last year. There were only two tents put up: registration and to sign up for test drives. Of course there were tents for each of the autocross tracks. But they didn't put up that temporary building they did last year which had a nice showroom and classroom inside. No refreshments either. They also only had porta-johns there instead of the mobile restroom they had last year.

Swag was also light this year. No Swell bottles. They handed out white BMW caps.

Things may be different at the bigger event stops where they're doing the M Car Control Clinic and teen driving.

Oh and we were witnesses to some nice public display of stupidity. A Dodge Charger comes roaring down one of the feeder roads alongside the event area. Gets to the road that circles the stadium and does a weak attempt at trying to drift the car. I thought I was going to see a Mustang imitation. Then the idiots roll into the parking lot where they were met by two of the event staff people. I wasn't close enough to hear what was being said. But the staff was talking to the fools in the car for a few minutes. I left the event about 15 minutes after this idiotic display and noticed the Charger wasn't parked in the parking lot. I can only assume the staff told them to get out....reservation be damned.