View Single Post
      01-26-2019, 01:11 AM   #31
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilime75 View Post
I'd avoid retractable screens unless it's a tensioned model. A fixed screen is a much better option, if your room allows for it. Generally speaking, Elite is good for the price and you'd have to spend considerably more to get better. Silver Ticket is another option you should look into.

I'd also try to find a way to expand my budget on the projector. Check out what Epson has on clearance/refurb, a lot of times you can find fantastic deals and they come with the same 2 year warranty as new. I bought my 5020UB there for $900 a year and a half ago. I use it almost daily, no issues and image is fantastic.

I won't comment too much on the speakers as I haven't heard any of them, but from past experience with Klipsch, I wouldn't consider them if it was my build. Sub/s are also a major necessity for HT. For music...depends on you and what you listen to, but with a frequency response that starts at -3db at 60Hz, I think you'll find yourself wanting a sub.

Your thoughts on using the Sony AVR for now is fine. The biggest "upgrades" come from projectors and speakers.
Thanks for the suggestion on the Projector, but the Epson UB is just not what will work for my room. They range around 2500 lumens, and I'll have a room with quite a bit of ambient light. Further, I don't have any 4k content to watch.

I did a lot of research on projectors, and I learned there's no such thing as a perfect projector. What works for one person's room would be terrible or overkill for another. The 1060 is the best bang for the buck and replacement lamps are a measly $25.