View Single Post
      05-29-2022, 07:34 PM   #1301
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
...because we now have a rough-cut 300-foot driveway at our SC retirement property!

One of the tasks on this week's odyssey was to get contractor quotes for knocking in a rough driveway into the tree farm. I was just getting quotes, figuring that SC contractors were on the same backlog as NY contractors and would schedule it for August or later in the fall. One of them gave us a price that I couldn't refuse, estimated four days of work, and said that he could start on Saturday because the forecast for Friday was rainy. I was trying to figure out how we could get back down to SC next weekend to inspect the finished job and make the final payment.

Long story short, we got a call late Saturday while we were in Nashville saying that he put two crews on the job and it didn't rain on Friday so he got it done in two days. So, instead of heading home via I-81, we had to make a detour back to SC to inspect the job and make the final payment. I drove the Mighty Dodge up the new driveway to the site where we want to build our Garage Mahal with no difficulty, and that was what I wanted to do versus hiking in that 300 feet through thick forest.

As we were sitting up there enjoying a few minutes of rest, a *#*$##*$^@ woodpecker started attacking one of our crop trees.....