06-15-2023, 07:19 PM   #7764
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
I really enjoyed three months of GRAND Jury duty a few years ago, and most of my co-jurors were upset when our term ended. I'd do it again in a heartbeat if ever called again.....
Only time I got called for duty was this year. It was for a murder trial by a black gang banger against another black gang banger. I feel serving on a jury is something we should consider important like voting. I would never "try to get out of jury duty".

Having said that I was none too pleased to learn it was going to be a 6 week trial and every day was an hour each way drive through the worst part of traffic in Phoenix. So I confess when they determined I might not be open minded and released me I was happy.

Note - I did not and would not lie on the voir dire. I think there were two questions that probably got me booted and I can't lie on them. One was "Do you think all gang members are criminals - and why"? I answered yes and because that is the point of a criminal gang.

The second question was "Do you own guns, how many and what kind"? I said yes, not sure how many, and shotguns, handguns, assault rifles and machine guns.

I don't think either side wanted anything to do with me.
Buug95917426.00
cmyx6go15762.50
vreihen1615333.00