View Single Post
      08-02-2022, 09:27 PM   #22
Cajun_X5
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: 2023 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000cs View Post
For our tenth next month we rented a place in the Smokies (eastern TN). Very low key and zero travel risk. Europe and other destinations will wait until next year.
Heading to smokies tomorrow actually. In laws have a cabin in mountains near Waynesville. Cannot wait to get into some cool air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aktif8 View Post
A few weeks back, we did a virgin voyages cruise (Miami to the Dominican and Bahamas.) splashed out for a suite and it was roughly 1500 a night. Absolutely fantastic trip, and I whole heartedly recommend it. Would be a perfect anniversary trip. We loved it so much we put a deposit down on the next one on the spot (thinking we'll do it in europe.)
Only done two cruises but loved them. I proposed that idea to wife and she was meh about it. But I am certain that virgin cruise would be incredible. I may check back with her about this option.. thanks for the idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy-G View Post
Cajun_X5 def would not go to Europe under 9 days. You will totally long for more time there if you go for 5 bc you’re going to lose 2 days no matter what plus jet lag.

If you have more interest in Cancun I have photo albums somewhere online I can share. You are 100% about the spring breaker comment as that was my opinion until we got there. Great resort, next to Hard Rock and not far from downtown. Highly recommend but keep in mind that was 2013 we went
Completely agree on needing more time for a euro trip.. I hadn't;lt thought that through but, yes, 9 days is pretty much min for a trip like that. But man I just want to take advantage of that strong dollar right now!

We have been to Live Aqua in Cancun maybe 2012?. Was a fantastic vacation. When I mentioned Cancun to wife, I can tell she is thinking something more "exotic". But trust me, we loved our trips there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Kat View Post
We're Sandals all the way! Doing our 6th one in October to Greneda. What you're describing seems to fit a nice butler level, swim up room, etc. Check their website. Got some new locations opening.
Doing more research on the Sandals resorts.. these are on the short list

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
$1,500 a night is high! Lol
I guess if it’s a big anniversary then perhaps it’s worth it. I do splurge on certain things but $1,500 x 2 is what most my vacations cost (or even less). To each his own though.
We always set our sights on the 10 year anniversary trip as going big. We travelled extensively pre-kids and haven't done a big trip since kids. So this is our first chance to make up for lost time by doing a nice, luxury trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyga11 View Post
We went to St. Croix last year. Stayed at a nice hotel in Fredericksted (west side of Island) We payed $350 a night for a nice one bedroom suite in a boutique hotel with a full kitchen. Right on the beach.

Hotel had full capacity but felt empty. You could lay on the private beach and see maybe 7-8 people at most during the day.

Would highly recommend. Only downside is the food sucked but honestly I'm not a huge foodie so we didn't care.
Just checked delta flights to St Croix and unfortunately they are once a week on Saturday from ATL. So we may not do there as we are likely doing a little less than 7 days. But the island looks incredible.
2000cs3502.50
Tommy-G4490.50