View Single Post
      08-22-2018, 09:10 PM   #1
AP3X_FTW
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Hardware For Race Seats - Master Guide

Surprised to find that a search yielded few results with real useful information, and it would be nice to have a master seat hardware thread to compile everyone's thoughts and experiences.

I have had RECARO PP / SPG seats a couple times over the years, and each time I used the provided RECARO side mounts and sliders an paired them with Macht Schnell floor mounts. This time around I have RaceTech 4009HR (driver) & 4009W (passenger) seats with "stealth covers" coming, and not quite sure how I want to address hardware.

I will be running harnesses and hans, but will keep the factory 3 points in place for occasional weekend driving. I do not necessarily need sliders since this is not a daily driver, and I also like a lower seating position anyways (the stock E92 seats are like driving a school bus due to the folding mechanisms).

RECARO and Sparco seats, followed by Cobra seem to be the most popular within the M community, but who here is running RaceTech seats? I have heard a few times that you must purchase RaceTech's side mounts for their seats, is that true? Most race seat manufactures offer side mounts, and it probably makes sense just to go with them since they are made specially for their seats. Any objections?

What floor mounts do you like, and why? What has worked well for you, what has failed or caused problems? Little to no flex and safety is priority of course.

Popular Floor Mounts:
VAC
Macht Schnell
Wedge Engineering
Bimmerworld
Brey-Krause - Floor mounts and side mounts built in one. Leaning in this direction if I can get confirmation they work with the RT seats

For those running 6 pt harnesses, did you need to buy sub brackets additionally or were they designed into your seat base?

For Sale - E92 M3 Full Black Interior Part Out

Last edited by AP3X_FTW; 08-22-2018 at 11:32 PM..
Appreciate 1
roastbeef11591.50