Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
As I'm getting out of the shower this morning, I hear the small little town that I live in on the national news. This small little country town is well-known for it's murders, shootings, etc.; in fact, this place has a pretty dark history but this one hit home. My boys went to this school just a few years ago.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/6th-grade-...ry?id=62707645

https://www.wvlt.tv/content/news/6th...509212501.html

This is something that we have all come too familiar with over the years; but when it happens in your area, it really makes you think about things that don't normally cross your mind when you see it on the news.

The back story to this plot was against bullies and teachers who did nothing about the incidents involving the kids who were targeting the children charged with conspiracy. This has to be some next level bullying in order for two 12 year olds to plot a shooting of children and teachers before taking their own lives.

What initially crosses my mind is the mental state of the children plotting this scenario. It also raises concerns of the bullies - do they even know their lives are/were in danger due to their actions and will this change their behavior? To what degree of bullying or what actions were taken to put two 12 year olds in the mindset of killing other adolescents, adults then themselves? Do the parents of the bullies realize that their childrens behavior almost cost them their children's lives? What is the home life like of the children who were being bullied and that of the bullies as well?

The parents of both the bullies and the children charged comes to mind as well. What will their lives be like now? Knowing this small little community the way that I do, the parents will be shunned. Unless they work for a larger employer I can foresee them losing jobs due to this. Perhaps my train of thought on this matter doesn't cover all appropriate angles, but something like this happening so close to home (literally 3 miles from my home) raises flags.

I'd be curious to hear some of your thoughts.
I'm curious as to additional details of this incident. I see no mention of any bullying in the articles - are you hearing this from a different source? I have also heard rumors that the two who were arrested were girls. This isn't mentioned one way or another in the articles, either. Any details on that?