01-20-2007, 10:39 AM   #19
bmargolis
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo View Post
You make many valid points, however, M3 coupes were not $60k "with a few options". They might have been close or even slightly above, if loaded with excessive options. Even with Premium package, 19" wheels, HK, Park control, Xenons, Aluminum Trim and Nav., they were less than $60k (MSRP). I don't even think that adding SMG would top $60k for that car.

On another note, I too, think that the M5 is hideous.
I was considering an M3 Competition Coupe before I ordered my 335i E92. It had Nav, SMG, and little else. It did not have power seats or premium. It did NOT even have Xenon lights. (which was nearly a deal breaker for me) It was right around 60k and the dealer was not really willing to do too much on the price, as they were getting hard to find in August, when I was looking.

My 335i stickers at a smidge under 50k, pretty loaded. I figure, using some past experience logic that BMW's going to MSRP the M3 at about 63k. Once a few things are added in, it can get close to 70k, not even considering the "premuim" that they will ask for at least the first six months. That makes the car nearly impossible to get at MSRP until close to 2009.

As everyone else, I'm guessing. I would love to have an E92 M3 for $63k with everything that I want in a car, I just don't know if that will ever happen.

Bob
Appreciate 0