View Single Post
      04-28-2021, 04:32 PM   #5259
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Did she get the Red Sport 400 model? There are a number of folks over on the G20 forum that transitioned from that to the M340i. I've owned a couple of Infiniti cars in the past but the number one complaint that I always had (and apparently current owners today) is the lousy transmission. It totally neuters the engine, regardless of power. Not sure but that model might also have the drive-by-wire steering as well which is reportedly not so good.

Our of curiosity, why do you want to get an Infiniti?
She did not buy the red. But the non-red 3.0t still puts out 400, just doesn't have the fancy brakes.

My basis is simple. More features (remote start factory, heated steering wheel, A/C seats, the proassist package is pretty sweet, etc.) than my current ride, cheaper than my current ride and more horses than my current ride with most likely a cheaper payment.

I owned a G35 a few years ago and enjoyed it; I just had the opportunity to trade it for an 335i E93, was a no brainer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
If you like the Lexus IS there is a new one coming in 2022 with a 472hp V8. The Lexus IS 500 F Sport.

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/02/22/...t-performance/
I've seen this and would be excited about it, but I won't buy a new car. Depreciation around 30-35% within the first year. Hard pass. I'll wait a year or two or 4 save half the money. My only issue with the IS500 is the interior. I love my IS350 as far as reliability goes, but the infotainment system Lexus uses is not ideal. Was my only complaint about my IS350 gen2 that I had. Also am a bit of an OCD guy; none of the lines of the interior are symmetrical. This makes me want to pass on the IS500. Also don't need a back seat any longer. This thinking alone makes me pass on the IS500 and consider an RCF (same motor as the IS500 minus the back seat), plus these have been out for a few years, I can get a better deal on used than buying an IS500.

Last edited by King Rudi; 04-28-2021 at 04:37 PM..
TiMSport12808.50
Esteban44218.00