06-28-2019, 10:16 AM   #810
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPatsFan View Post
Gained a few pounds over past month. Good weight, I’ve been more consistent with getting more food/calories in.

How do you guys feel about cheat days? Especially at our age. Good? Bad? Beneficial?

My thoughts are that they are fine when you are in a calorie deficit and need to stimulate your thyroid after dieting for awhile. In fact I find that the leaner I get, the more of them I can actually get away with as your body tends to partition the calories better when your insulin levels are typically lower on average.

During a bulk I think they can be detrimental as you are already in a surplus and your body is in "storage mode".....but I'm also not anal about trying to be in 100% shape year anymore.

When you are maintaining, I think they are acceptable 1-2 times a week as long as you are replacing the calories you are normally eating and not going into a surplus which can cause BF to creep up on you if not careful.

But overall...I feel that if you stay within a shape that allows you to use a small deficit and be back where you want in 3-4 weeks without killing yourself....you are good.

Is that confusing enough? LOL. JMO of course and I am not an expert...just know how my body is!