Rep

Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.83]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.83]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by metrickid View Post
Looks great! The reflection in the mirror and the chromatic aberration against the mountain line is a bit distracting in your edit and I personally dislike these strange aspect ratios (if not used for a panorama). Other than than -
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
I agree.

Shooting a white car in full sun is a really tough shot. You really needed multi-shot HDR to have any hope of a great looking shot.

I'd probably crop in tighter and back off those adjustments, except raise shadows more and pull down whites.

Any white subject in full sun is a tough order.

Thanks for the feedback! I shot this with the intention of cropping 2.35:1 which is the cinescope anamorphic ratio of film. Coming from a theatrical film background, I like this ratio because it almost feels like a still from a feature film. I also use 16:9 a lot. I guess it's my own little way of inserting some of my own personal touches to my photos.

I've corrected as much as the CA as I could and fixed the reflection. I'll probably upload it tonight. As far as the adjustments, I'm not going for realism in this shot. It's what I saw in the moment and a vision of what I remember that I want to portray, like a hyper-reality. Some call it overdone processing. I'm sure there is a happy medium that I might find one day.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82