04-15-2011, 02:42 PM   #1698
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep

Drives: white 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
Good DOF. That leaf coming in from the top really annoys me. I like the composition otherwise. I'd tend not to cut off the pistol, but it works here for some reason and I like your composition choice, but I would have pulled that one leaf out of the way.

Your focal point is a little ambiguous, but I think that you may have intended that. It seems to be somewhere in the middle of the flower, best I can tell in this small size. Great colors and detail in the in-focus areas.
thanks! actually the focal point was the stamen. it was focused on 2 individuals. I was having fun playing with the plant. Sadly it didn't winter too well, so i'm trying to nurse it back to health.

I'll see if there's another one of it so you can really see where my focal point was. If i do find one, it was not intended to be a good shot, just me playing.

And yes, i hate that leaf to, but i felt it added something to the photo somehow, never decided what it added though. I was mostly just playing with DoF just to see how in or out of focus i could make the leaf and the flower.