HawkeyeGeoff
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: E90 335XI MSport, S2000

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mookie45 View Post
Interesting assessment, but I do not understand your claim. First, comparing conferences should be taken with a grain of salt since we have a College Football Playoff and teams are judged on strength of schedule which encourages them to play out of conference match-ups now.

Also, are you trying to explain the correlation of a school's standardized test requirement to football recruiting and performance in regard to the schools within the Big Ten Conference? Are you trying to allude the Big Ten is known to have the highest scoring SAT/ACT football players with the most successful football programs? Do you have any data that suggests what both those teams would "look like" with such changes?

I have two hypotheses:

1) Both those teams would be a lot worse and nonexistent like 80% of the Big Ten Conference (excluding Ohio St., Michigan).

2) Imagine if everyone raised their testing standards to Harvard and Yale. What would that do to college football and recruiting? Absolutely nothing. Football programs are one, if not the largest, money making businesses for any university. The same kids will be recruited regardless of how tough the school is to get into.
It was just a hit at both of these schools programs; it's an embarrassment to the NCAA when you have guys in there that can't barely read. They 100% bend the rules MUCH farther in terms of academics than schools like Michigan, MSU, Iowa, etc. I just know these schools more because it's where I grew up.