06-16-2019, 06:08 AM   #44
stephanporsche
Private
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid_eg View Post
love it! by the looks of it you change out garage door rails to high lift might make it even easier. I did it on mine and worked like a charm. I suggest doing epoxy on floor, relatively inexpensive and stains come off easily.. if you didnt do LED lighting yet, 4X2 troffer LED panels are super cheap now and provide massive lighting.. i put like 10 into my garage for some 80K+ lumens, it feels like i'm inside a retail store its that bright.. I used 4x2 frames to mount them so they hang about 2" off the ceiling, recessing wasnt an option based on their size and direction that floor joists ran for 2nd story above.
I'm debating between epoxy floors or gray tile. I would have to epoxy it myself, I contacted several epoxy places in my area and they all quoted around $4000 for my garage.

I want to do LED lights also but paint the ceiling black and then arrange the LED lights in a pattern.

I have seen the side mounted garage door retractors so it frees up the center but so far hasn't been an issue for me since a it's only Porsche's and BMW's.
BMW E90 328i LCI