General
United_States
Rep

Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivingPassion View Post
Thanks for posting this.
So, there is such a component.
Besides showing us that it can lift 10 tons or 20 tons, I'd like to see QuickLift showing us with videos that the 20 tons stay up with the hydraulics OFF and using this latch to hold up that 20 tons.

That's what I'm looking for.

The good thing is that there is a mechanism but it almost look like the internals of a firearm trigger mechanism.

Does anyone know if the metal on that latch is forged steel?
Boss, what are you worried about? I think the Quickjack is rated at 5,000 pounds and 7,000 pounds depending on model. It is standard engineering practice to build in safety factors for equipment of all types. Usually engineers use a safety factor of at least double (2) or more common is a factor of 4. Any BMW automobile or SUV you can lift with it is under 5,000 pounds, with the safety factor, the Quickjack is totally safe to work under if it is used in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.

A major automotive equipment supplier such as Bend Pack is not going to manufacture and sell lifting equipment that is substandard and hazardous to use.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."