06-14-2019, 03:37 PM   #6
suspenceful
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 M3, 2008 135i, 2009 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_rocket88 View Post
That looks awesome.. as does your ceiling! I had this in mind when I first moved into the new house, but was lucky enough to talk to the builder and found out that at BEST there was 4" of concrete under there, but most likely somewhere around 3 ish. I know there have been some debates about other ways to get it done right, but I honestly just didn't want to A) take the risk B) use the alternative methods and definitely not C) jackhammer and fill more.

I ended up with the quickjack which gets you pretty good height, and I can push them together and just drive over them during 99% of the time that they aren't in use which might work for thunderguts. The quickjack I think on some sale was literally like 1K for me.. which I just justified in my mind that my biggest jack was failing/leaking.. and some of the cars didn't have great lift points so I had to jack up each corner to put on jack stands. Either way it was a good splurge that has paid off multiple times. Heck, I get free beers/lunch/gifts for friends and family that use it to change winter tires over to summer and vice versa !
For sure! Totally understandable. I debated those, but didn't want to spend the cash unless I got significant lifting room (not be on my back). I pulled the trigger on the MaxJax when it was on sale for $1675 shipped with residential delivery, liftgate, and tax included. I didn't measure my concrete beforehand, just prayed when I drilled my first hole that it'd be deep enough.

I look forward to family and friends pestering me to use it, which I think will be okay as long as they bring beer
🏁 Shop BMW merchandise: bimmerstreet.com