06-12-2019, 07:40 PM   #38
xQx
General
Australia
Rep

Drives: 2008 BMW 135i (E88 N54 6AT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsea_Tractor View Post
Great replies. All sound like car guys and girls. No one has said Ferrari... Lambo...
It might just be me, but i think the reality of owning a Farrari or Lambo would be very different from the dream.

Driving a very wide, very low, very capable car on the street doesn't sound like much fun to me. You'd get pulled over any time you drove enthusiastically, everybody would act like idiots around you, and you'd never get the feeling you were testing either your limits or the car.

Driving one on the track would be fun, but you'd have to be insanely rich to not live in fear of wreaking it or yourself. But once the initial novelty wore off I doubt it'd be any more fun than a whole bunch of insanely cheaper cars around a track (which you can push harder without fear of bankruptcy).

I'd consider renting one, but not buying one.

I really think _most_ people who get into a Fararri or Lambo do it for the same reason they buy a Rolex or a Patek Philippe Minute Repeater.

It's either because they want to show off their wealth, or because they appreciate the rarity for the sake of rarity, the expense for the sake of expense, or the engineering and craftsmanship that goes into making one by hand.

In the same way you don't buy a Rolex or Patek because you want to know the time, I don't think you buy a Fararri or Lambo for the driving & handling.

I've never driven one so I could be wrong, but this is why there aren't any fancy multi-million dollar exotics on my list.
Soul_Glo13282.50