06-07-2019, 08:52 AM   #79
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlev View Post
Actually, if I hear a louder motorcycle coming or splitting lanes towards my direction I'm more cautious and try to scoot over to give the rider extra room. It also deters me from switching lanes at that time.
I'm sure other drivers do/would do the same for you whether you realized it with a louder motorcycle or not.
I said before that the traffic culture in California is different than other areas of the country. I find loud motorcycles and car/trucks annoying and I'm a gearhead car geek, so I figure most people find them annoying as well. When you spend 20 hours a week commuting in a vehicle, noise becomes a psychological issue. Good-sounding Harley Davidson v-twins are very pleasing. LOUD Hardley V-twins trigger a response from me that envisions a jamming a piece of 1/2 rebar in the front wheel of the machine to see the rider summersault over the handle bars. That goes for sport bikes too.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
clee1982796.00