View Single Post
      01-05-2009, 09:19 AM   #1
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

Thumbs down BMW AUTOHAUS Refused To Top Of My Oil!

Prior to my M3, I had an E46 330ci and it burned a bit of oil (as most BMWs do). I would go to Maranello or Autohaus and get it topped off with no questions asked whatsoever. Since I got my M3 ,I've been topped off at Open Road BMW in Newmarket, and at Toronto BMW. I pulled in to Autohaus last week and I was denied by the "parts girl", she said I would have to buy the oil, I told her I have never had to buy the oil to top of my old 330, she said because the M3 uses more expensive oil (10-60) that she wouldn't be able to give one of the techs a liter of oil to top me off. I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT. I didn't know what to say...I walked out of there...and I headed over to Maranello a couple days later and without a question the guy filled me up with a liter of oil. I later called Autohaus Service Manager, and he told me that they are unable to fill up M cars because of the special oil it requires, but he would have no problem filling up a regular 3 series.

A part of me understands, a liter of this oil is $19, so if everyday just 1 guy comes in to top of the oil in their M3. It costs them $100 bucks a week, and realistically they probably have a lot more then 1 guy a day. But still...this is the ONLY dealership that has ever denied to top of me off.

I've never liked Autohaus, and now I HATE them!

DON'T GO TO AUTOHAUS!!!!!!!!!

2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0