View Single Post
      09-12-2022, 12:27 PM   #261
overcoil
Major General
Rep

Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Thanks for your feedback. I guess I'll need to do what I already know.

On top of trying to reach 1k miles for the year, I'm committing to run my first marathon in January, so it's imperative that I take care of myself as much as possible. I've been talking to my nutritionist and trying to take care of that part as well. In 2021 I just ran to train for my first races (5k, 6k, 10k...) and managed to run 780 total. I have to say, my goal to run 1k miles came from this thread, and probably more specifically from your post.

Needless to say, I've jumped into hobby head first and it's been one of the best things I've done in my life. I've never been healthier at 37 years old and much mentally tougher. We'll see what happens next year, while I absolutely love running and it's not more or less an automatic thing for me, I do want to venture into maybe becoming more of a triathlete, so increasing the mileage might not be possible just from a time perspective.
Recently in a video it said better to run for time than it is to run for miles.

Perils of learning anything on YouTube and great runners use weekly mileage.

They pointed out if it takes over three-hours in one session to reach your mileage that may not be beneficial.
For myself + three-hour runs were often what I needed to reach my LONG RUN DAY.

Just something some might find helpful.