Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyngofpop View Post
Proves your point? What was your point?

Each of these incidents that you speak of don't seem isolated because I'm certain that it happens, but there's potential manifestation of problems if they're dwelled on ad nauseum.

You attract the attention that you put out and if you're insecure with your skin color, sexuality, height, weight etc... or make it an issue then so too will others. It's that simple.

As for being pulled out of a car by a policeman and told to you what he said....that police department would be shut DOWN and you should have had every news outlet that exists on this story. In this data age there's no excuse for things like this to happen and for ANYONE to have to accept it and/or to be made to feel a certain way because of their skin tone, who they choose as friends, or who they choose to date!

For the record I'm not angry nor do I have anger issues, I'm saddened by your story actually. Maybe I was raised in a bubble but the topic of race is one that never came up in my upbringing because I was raised to be a human first and foremost. Anything else comes second. My friend groups range from ultra conservatives to extreme liberals and race is just something that doesn't exist in my world and never comes up because it's not a focus.

"The talk" may be doing you more harm than good in the dating department. The one time that anything came up in my life like this that was remotely similar was when the first person that I dated at 16's parents were shocked that we were two males dating first and then we were different skin colors. We both had no issues with it and decided to let the parents work through the issue themselves because we liked each other and we're dating each other, NOT them.

I don't pre-empt ANYONE on who I'm sleeping with because it's none of my concern whether they accept it or not, and I suggest you do the same.

My views may be idealistic and a bit naive but all I'm saying is you seem a little insecure and people may be playing on that wherever you're from in the South.
Again, I am relating my experience and I'm probably a good bit older than you. I don't know where you're from but there are a few things you need to know about me.

1. I'm a CEO who built my own company. Insecure is not what I do in anything. Period. End of story.
2. I've never pre-empted anyone but I'm often the first POC that many of these people have dated in my age range. I've had to develop this because it's caused problems with people who live in bubbles and think this doesn't still occur. It does. If you aren't seeing it and don't understand, I suggest you expand your field of vision and see beyond what you're accustomed to seeing.
3. These aren't isolate incidents. I have a dear friend in a mixed marriage who moved from the area because of the harassment they received and later, their kids.

Finally, your judgmental attitude is quite off-putting and the mere fact that you feel you can perform a pop-culture, internet analysis of me based on me relating my experiences, which you seem to largely discount, speaks more on your arrogance than my so-called, by you, insecurities.

Enjoy your day-mk
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.