Rep

Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyngofpop View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
Yes, we know it's real. It will keep being real b/c everyone keeps making it an issue on both sides. So what is "the talk"?
Are you going to be ok being with me in the south and hanging out?
How are your friends going to handle it?
How will your family handle it?
I share my experience with my friends. I let her know that when we go places in my state a lot of people will approach me because I know lots of people and I'm from a prominent family. (The one I'm dating now was not cool with it at first.)
I let her know that black women will look daggers at her and to be prepared for it.
And a smattering of other things.

I have been universally thanked by them after the talk. We're adults and there are very few good surprises when you're an adult. Open and honest communication about anything you may encounter is the best way to go.
I mean...REALLY?! My skin is brown and I live in the South and date who I WANT to date. Male, female, brown, pale...what have you. If you have to have "the talk" with ANYONE, you're the one with an issue with your race, NOT the people you DATE!

I've never had to have "the talk" and never will. If anyone that I date sees my skin color or even utters the WORDS "I've nvr dated a brown person", the fkn date is OVER!

I'm not a science experiment, I'm a fucking HUMAN and expect to be treated as such and treat others as such.

As far as the brown women being upset that you date outside of your race and you pre-empting the other women that you date?! Lmmfao!! Fkn HILARIOUS! I'm almost CERTAIN that they're THANKFUL that they don't have to date you and deal with your hatred of the skin that you were born in.

You think highly of your class but lowly of the skin that you were born. You are a sad case of a human being and I feel sorry for you.

And yes, this comes from someone that doesn't date based upon race, gender, sexuality, or what other construct comes into play. I date based upon who and what I LIKE when I get to it and feel sorry for others that don't. I can only imagine the words that fly up out of your mouth when a beautiful brown woman walks by...saddens me to think what you think of your MOTHER!

Ugh...I'm done. Sad as FUCK!
I can see why you're emotional about this topic.

Recently I was hanging out at the BPD person I mentioned before, and she was going to meet her dad/aunt/uncle/cousin/sister who were in town for a game.

She asked her dad if it was ok to bring a friend.

After he said sure, she "prepped" me to meet her family. I had to be ok with what could come, since I am "brown" (I'm 50% Portuguese, 30% Italian). I was baffled as I had never been referred to as such, and did not find it appropriate.

Long story short, I got along just fine with everyone (got hugs and interest all around, which lingered afterwards with people asking her about me saying I was a very interesting guy), but I could see that she was frightened throughout the dinner. She was the one with the issue. Not the others.

I still carry that as something that hurt me and lowered my self esteem. I don't recommend doing that to other people, as "the talk" does more harm than good. I told her I could handle my own thank you very much. And so I did.

That's just one of the facets of her that hurt me. Later I discovered it's part of the BPD.
Kyngofpop676.00