View Single Post
      04-10-2017, 11:56 AM   #16
54Me
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5

You have radio and sirius for that...
You may have enlightened me, however, in that I guess I did not know that Bluetooth itself was a problem. I always thought it was the fact that most music played over bluetooth was compressed in the first place. I have done a compare of songs from Apple Music and Tidal over Bluetooth and everyone agreed it sounded much better... maybe we were just pre-conditioned to want that result (to justify my $25 per month)
I'll go do some research, thanks...

EDIT: While it has gotten better, I guess the default assumption is that there is still some loss over Bluetooth. If both the source and the receiver support aptX codec, however, I guess it is supposed to be minimal and hard to discern by normal listeners. Don't know if either iPhone or BMW use aptX.
Does anyone know if Apple CarPlay is based on Bluetooth? If not, and it is a better quality connection, then I guess I found a reason to buy it that has not been stated on the many threads related to Apple Carplay yes/no on this forum. Unfortunately it is too late unless I can add through Connected Drive later.

Last edited by 54Me; 04-10-2017 at 04:34 PM..
Appreciate 0