01-03-2012, 01:44 PM   #5805
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep

Drives: white 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPFREAK View Post
I think i am going to rent a 1.4 for this weekend first to see how i like it. I do not have a 7D and the T2i is already so slow that the TC may render the AF system useless even if it is still working. I was really hoping that the new 5D would be getting a dual digic 4 or 5 processor but it seems most info points to it sticking with one digic 5 at this point and having a slightly worse AF than the 7D. Sort of a bummer since I really wanted to have a cmaera with high ISO perf and a solid AF system. I think the 1Dx is reserved for that and I do not have 7k to spend on it...well i do, but I can not justify spending that much in my mind on a camera body. Well not yet, but maybe when I get a lot better, and have a real need for a PRO level camera.

Maybe I will take a 2nd out on my first home to get the 1Dx and 500mm.
even if the new 5D comes with the same AF as the 60D it will be a major improvement on what exists now on the 5D. True, the 7D AF would be amazing on it. But at least some improvement is a great improvement Too early to tell still, I suspect we'll not know the truth until the first cameras are actually on the market. Canon doesn't want to show all it's cards to Nikon.