Well versed in the care and feeding of BMWs
United_States
Rep

Drives: F15d, F10

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyland View Post
Bunch of whiners :P

SC is actually the optimal location for the East Coast (as a whole). Spartanburg is a day-drive anywhere from New York, NY (12 hrs) to Miami, FL (11 hrs). Most people fly to Spartanburg, then drive back. We drove both ways (from SoFL), and really enjoyed the drive. Spartanburg is located such that it makes a lot of sense to spend a lot of that drive on the Blue Ridge taking your time. Hell, we had it worse because it takes 5 hours to get out of Florida. There aren't many worse drives than Florida outside of the Midwest. It's nothing but ugly ass Slash Pine trees, fields of Palmettos with interspersed Cabbage Palms, and ugly towns. From the NE, you can take I-78/I-81 (which is a hell of a lot better drive than I-95/I-26). You can pick up the Blue Ridge anywhere past I-64. We ended up taking the long way around, staying in Atlanta for a night, just so we could drive through the mountains.

Obviously SC isn't close to you guys in the NE, but it makes PCD accessible to a lot more folks than if it were up there.
Pretty well sums up my thoughts.