01-19-2011, 07:51 PM   #18
OC3
Havin' a blast!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Interesting point! I just traded my E90 M3 sedan for an E92 M3 coupe this past Sunday, and I knew that there was something different about the ingress/egress of this vehicle, but I couldn't quite figure out what it was. Your comment hit the nail on the head! Exiting my sedan WAS easier in tighter spaces than my coupe.
In fact, the distance between the forward vertical edge of the front door to the back tip of the fender grill is shorter on the E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by B R A N D X® View Post
The only thing I was *really, really* torn over was DCT versus Manual since I love a manual tranny on my sports or sportier cars, but for the most part everything I read recommended the DCT and I have to say, so far, I really do like it. And, the M3 will be splitting my 80 mile (round trip) DD duty with my 550i and won't be just a weekend toy. We'll see how I feel about DCT in 6 months after the novelty wears off
It (novelty) doesn't (wear off). M-DCT's rev-match/throttle-blip is something a lot of us can listen to all day and never get tired of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B R A N D X® View Post
and I have nothing to do with my left foot.
Dude, left foot brake.

Congrats, btw.
BRP 1:56 | CVR 2:01 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
Appreciate 0