View Single Post
      01-19-2011, 07:38 PM   #17
B R A N D X®
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Fast Cars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelley91 View Post
i wish i got space gray lol..but i was too impatient and went with jet black...but yay on your new car!
My first BMW, which I bought new a couple of years out of college (1992) was a non-metallic Black 325i. I didn't have a garage then and knew nothing about detailing or paint correction. Kind of a nightmare, but if you have the skills, time and patience they do look bad-@@s when clean! Just gotta watch those swirls and know how to correct them when they develop!

Thanks on the warm welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatrach73 View Post
congrats.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_of_Persia View Post
Congrats! So where are the pics?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NycE93M3 View Post
congratsz man
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKMK5 View Post
Pics or Ban!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(jk, Congrats!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_yogi View Post
congrats on the whip! pics please!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasaurus View Post
No congrats to be given until there are pics! :P
Thanks guys......and don't think I didn't know this was coming! I've lurked this board enough to know that "without pic's you really drive an '84 Civic"!

Every time I've had a day off for the past 6 weeks the weather has been wet and nasty or really, really cold....I have a new F10 550i that I'm also dying to detail and Zaino.

Tomorrow looks to be a moderate and dry day so I hope to wash, clay bar, wash again and start the Zaino layering process before taking her in for the full front end clear bra on Saturday. I'll have pic's soon, but I think they'll look like a lot of other photos you've already seen since I have zero mods!!

The only mod I really want, but doubt I can justify would be red Brembos all the way around. Lot of money for something that, in my case, would basically be purely cosmetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Woo View Post
I justd picked up mine on the 14th. And loving her to death. But, I got this warning on the display "anti-trap function deactivated. Have the system checked by the nearest BMW center. WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. The moonroof won't open. Checked on the forum and it showed me how to reset it. Now everything works fine (I hope).
Yep....I've found over the years that one of the absolute best things about these forums is if you have a problem someone else has already had it too and knows what the fix is. I especially love it when it turns out to be a quick DIY'er!! Congrats on your new M3 as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiation Joe View Post
Congrats on a nicely spec'd out car.

Enjoy.
Thanks......it wasn't so much spec'd out as just the one on my local dealers lot that best matched what I wanted. I figured since there was *very* little I'd have changed on a special order car and this one had not been used for demo yet......what the heck. Buy it now and end the agony! Plus they deal better on cars already in inventory at my dealership.

The only thing I was *really, really* torn over was DCT versus Manual since I love a manual tranny on my sports or sportier cars, but for the most part everything I read recommended the DCT and I have to say, so far, I really do like it. And, the M3 will be splitting my 80 mile (round trip) DD duty with my 550i and won't be just a weekend toy. We'll see how I feel about DCT in 6 months after the novelty wears off and I have nothing to do with my left foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gkap View Post
congrats.
Thanks!

Not the official 2-Tone so I have Silver seats and door inserts, but almost everything else is black........especially the carpet......gotta have black carpet!! I'm glad BMW has finally figured this out! You *can* spec' a gray interior without having all of the plastic and carpet gray for God's sake!!!

That's what always kept me in BMW's (13 of them now) with black interiors: I didn't want gray or beige carpet.

I was torn between the Silver and the Fox Red, but I'm digging the Silver so far. Has a fair amount of blue in it which goes well with the subtle blue leaning of the Space Gray and I think it might be a bit more rare in my area since I don't think I've seen another so far.

Thanks again all!! I'll do my best to post some photos so you can all see a car that looks like hundreds of others you've already seen!!!
"A toast then: To the BMW M3, the greatest all-around car in the world."
-Arthur St. Antoine, Motor Trend Magazine's Editor at Large
Appreciate 1