08-14-2010, 01:37 PM   #16
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiDeltBeers View Post
I'm actually leaning toward that grey color (if I decide to pull the trigger). The red one was in Arlington at Texas Auto Liquidators. The warehouse I went to with all the exotics is Straight Line Automotive Group (http://www.straightlineautomotivegroup.com/).

You guys are right about it not being an investment. Being a business owner, I'm trying to justify it it. I could dump the money into the business or have fun with a car at the age of 33. I know I only live once, but does that justify it. I'm still on the fence, but I'm in no hurry. My business will be paid off in 3 years and will make this purchase a breeze. I would be able to afford over a million dollar house at that point (but won't), as I currently have a $600k house (don't need anything more). Purchasing the car now would be great, but I don't want coworkers to start talking about my income with the market the way it is. It's really a tough decision. The car, on the other hand, made me smile like no other. And that's after test driving a couple Z06 Corvette's. Pure joy. Not trying to start a buying debate, just stating my situation finanicially. I won't be swayed one way or another by any input on here FWIW.
Why not loot at used?

I saw a few nice low mileage ones here for 66k-69k

2200 miles, 66k
1700 miles, 68k
2009s
2010s with about 5k are about 68-73

that's a good 10k saved.

But yeah... you can build the business then buy it.
I'm debating on saving money and investing so that I can buy what I really want: a F430.