View Single Post
      05-19-2010, 11:49 AM   #1
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S

Brake question for Track

My main worry is brakes. I have the extended wear&tear warranty for my brakes and other stuff. The dealer won't change them until the warning light on the cluster comes on. Which it hasn't. I think it's fair play.

Before my last LCMT - HPDE event, my brake pads were at 60% front and 50% back. I know I wore off a few mmeters off of them since.

What should I do?

A) nothing since my next event is a 1 day at LCMT (June 7th)
I did do 6 track days now on my originals.
If I do nothing, my following event is a two day event at Watkins Glen the following week, so I would need to act fast as to have them replaced and properly bedded.

B) buy a set of pads as spares to bring along just in case. Now this is where plenty of questions come up.
I don't know how to change them. I know it's not complicated but I still would need help and the necessary tools with me at the track.
And if I install them, Will I have to change back to the "burnt" originals as to get my "under warranty" replacement.
Secondly, the dealer doesn't want to buy them back from me if I don't use them, and I would probably need to replace the originals after June 7th.

Who would have thunk it that purchasing the extended warranty would cause me so much headaches?
Appreciate 0