07-05-2009, 02:17 AM   #28
PNF
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep

Drives: 15' YMB F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorcherjf View Post
Yea I was reading that article before. It seems pretty Nikon biased... heh. Plus, the kit lens that comes with the T1i is a piece of crap so I would just get the body and my own lenses.

I went to best buy today and held the T1i, D90, D5000, and also the EOS 50d for good measure. The T1i and D5000 just feel too small... and this is coming from someone with pretty small hands. The D90 felt pretty nice, but the viewfinder wasn't as big and bright as the EOS 50d's. If only the 50d had video recording that would be the one I'd get. For now I think I'll just get the T1i, get some good glass, and then upgrade the body to the EOS 60d when Canon releases it.
+1

If video recording is a major feature you want, you should just get the 5D MK II , as it has everything you want + its a FF!

Personally, IMO video recording is just marketing gimmick to get those who are on the borderline to buy a DSLR.

Photographers dont need video recording and you dont ned that to take good picture. I think it is a great mistake for taking T1i over 50D just for the video recording function.

You should be concerned with the feel of the body, the user interface, comfort, algorithm/sensor capabilities of the body, not "video recording capability".

But T1i is a great camera still and I'd still highly recommend T1i for those who just started photography.

PS. Photography is about lighting, which is about the lens you use, not camera body.

2008 E92 335i (sold)