View Single Post
      03-04-2024, 11:13 PM   #29
Our03z4
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2008 BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe,

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeTE87 View Post
Thank you Sir! I think we are one and done to be honest. Wife made a comment, she would have rather spent the money on a very nice beach trip but was very happy we went to Disney!

Kings Island opens up here next month and my daughter already wants to go. So we will see! I know she wants to ride The Beast, Orion, and a few others, but I am not sure if she is tall enough. But damn, they are super fast! Disney can't match at least 4-5 rides that Kings Island has.
We've been Prestige pass holders at KI for two years but skipped the passes this year. Park has gotten insanely busy, water park is unbearable now and with Coney closing it will be worse. Prestige perks have been getting pretty crummy too, mmmm VIP tap water lol but hey at least we don't have to eat or park with the peasants. Wife and I spent about $1k last year for the two passes and perks and even with over 70 visits we didn't enjoy the year.

KI does have amazing rides, staff, it's a beautiful park that is also stunning at night. Also cool that we have one of only 7 giga coasters, at least I think that's the story still? Banshee is the best ride in my opinion, thing is bonkers good, perfect in every way.

We just feel like there at too many bad signs for this year, for instance, the elimination of KI embassadors which is insane, two less weeks this season, changes to Fast Pass which will make wait times longer, hiring of 3k less employees plus other issues. Food was a BIG disappointment this year, the new head chef didn't do a good job ( the old guy is now head of 9 parks food service) and Grain and Grill is horrible! Food was good occasionally (if busy) but mostly it was cold with tiny portions, I'd be ticked if I didn't have the meal plan. Rest of the food is good but they didn't mix it up enough like the past chef did.

I'm sure the Six Flags merger is going to be a BIG mistake, I sold my stock on the announcement that how much I think of it.

I miss the Paramount days but things always seem better when you're a child lol.

All of this said we are still very lucky to have such a great park for a metro of only 2.5mil.
MoeTE87990.00