View Single Post
      02-17-2024, 08:13 PM   #15
Fiesta ST to M240i
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCDakarM3 View Post
If it’s the salt/calcium solution they use on the roads up here in the north that is holding you back, I wouldn’t let that stop you. Most high end coilover manufacturers use corrosion resistant materials far exceeding what BMW uses on their dampers. One thing KW is known for is their stainless/anodized aluminum construction which resists corrosion very well. With that said, there are going to be parts of the coilover that will be made of steel, like the springs, regardless of the manufacturer. Though, these components are usually well coated with paint or powder coating.

I daily drove two Subaru STIs with KW coilovers in upstate NY for about 6 years with zero issues, and was able to sell the coilover set for a good profit after I sold the cars.

As for retaining the factory EDC, I can understand your hesitation. It is certainly convenient to control the harshness of the dampers on the fly. I will say though, like many others, I never noticed a significant difference in damper feel between comfort and Sport+ settings. And personally, I have had no remorse removing EDC dampers when opting for a set of adjustable coilovers in the past. Again, this is my personal opinion…..

Unfortunately, I am not looking for trades, and just looking to clean out my shop.

Thanks for the interest! If it will persuade you, let me know if you’d like to come take a look at the coilovers! lol
haha if I look, they're going on my car.

I'll see if I can find someone to buy my monitor first. I've spent so much money recently I'd hate myself if I bought these without selling something first lol
Appreciate 0