View Single Post
      08-05-2023, 04:44 PM   #11
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Not necessarily a car shop, but a motorcycle service center that I would recommend to anyone who would listen, not to give business if at all avoidable.

I believe I mentioned this issue on this forum in another thread, so here's the cliff notes.

I took a limited production, motorcycle (dream bike that I purchased used from a collector after three years of dreaming) to a dealer/service center in New Hyde Park, NY. I actually rode the bike to the shop for standard fluids and chain service at the start of the riding season. Before that, I've rode that bike up and down the I95 from NY to MD multiple times.

Bike was in the shop less than a half hour for service when I get a call basically saying the engine needs rebuilding.

Fast-forward, I was never able to ride the bike again. Sold it privately and had to get into something else, since those guys (I can only suppose) sabotaged my bike, in an attempt to either rebuild a damaged one they had (go figure out of only 500 units in the world, they happened to have another one on site sitting on blocks due to an accident) or in an attempt to sell me a new bike from their stock.

So frustrating.