View Single Post
      07-25-2023, 09:03 AM   #136
BMWsully
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by z335is View Post
Test drove a CTR, Golf R, Corolla GR Core and Elantra N over the last several weeks. I liked them all, but the Corolla was at best 3rd in that order.

The interior is comically bad, I mean Daewoo Lanos level bad. The one I test drove had 7 miles on it and the door panels were already scratched to hell since they are just monolithic slabs of cheap plastic. The seats are cloth buckets ripped out of a base Corolla. I could go on and on.

The car drove well, but the three cylinder was just too thrashy for my taste. It always felt like it was struggling. I get the gimmick, but a 4 cyclinder would have been much better here.

At the end of the day, I'd go Golf R > CTR > Corolla GR > Elantra N with the first two being leagues above the latter two.

Again, not trying to offend anyone, all are great cars, just figured I'd lend my opinion since I was able to get seat time in them all.
Similar experience here. I really liked the GR, but there's a few shortcomings that puts it well behind the CTR and Golf R IMO. I would easily take it over the Elantra N though, I was not a fan of that at all.

*Also it was a Core with performance pack that I test drove. Very curious if the Circuit or Morizo would move the needle there (I'm sure they would)