View Single Post
      07-19-2023, 09:02 PM   #28
ASAP
Major General
Rep

Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
I thought you said it was impossible to build a light weight car anymore and meet safety regs. Are you saying Toyota did the impossible?

Anyway, there's no reason the base 3 (or 1/2) series couldn't be what I described. The i3 was priced like a 3 series, and the ICEV drivetrain is cheaper than the EV drivetrain/battery in the i3. A sub 2500 lb car with an updated N52 would get crazy good MPG, so meeting modern regs for that crap wouldn't be an issue. All they had to do was care... which BMW has long since stopped doing.

BMW built their reputation on making a small, light, sporty, fun car, in a sea of boring, heavy, large cars (the 2002). What I'm describing is exactly in keeping with that.

They're just another generic car company these days, offering a 2L 4 cylinder turbo, a 3L 6 cylinder turbo, or a 3L 8 cylinder turbo, pair with EPS and a ZF 8 speed. Seriously... what company doesn't the above describe
you may want to do some googling around lol... it seems starting 2024 the Toyota 86 may no longer be sold in Europe due to updated safety regulations... so it seems even mighty Toyota didn't think this thru... that's aside the fact that car doesn't even have their motor but is outsourced to Subaru... wait a minue... now that I think about it, do they outsource another car w a zf8 and 6 turbo? omg lol... i cant stop