View Single Post
      07-13-2023, 02:11 PM   #35
RobotDoctor
Professional Nomad
Rep

Drives: 2019 440i F36 Sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
How are you liking those insurance rates?
I don't love them nor do I hate them.

The car insurance is a bit higher, not loving them but they're not the worst thing. I am paying about $300 more annually per car (have two). Colorado is not the cheapest state for auto insurance either due to hail, rock damage due to road sanding, road construction and tourists so the cost difference isn't prohibiting. Homeowner's insurance isn't great but it is not horrible either. We have a big national carrier (same one who we have car insurance with) and have really good coverage, including home replacement coverage. We are 24' above sea level where we are, new construction (block) home, and not immediately near any canal, creek, intracoastal waterway, ocean so insurance isn't absurdly high. We're paying maybe $500 more annually for homeowner's insurance a year than we would have in Colorado. Hail damage is a huge concern there, as well as wind damage (spring wind conditions cause havoc). Don't get me wrong, these are still costs to be aware of but not anything that would prohibit me and my wife to move or stay here.

We're so happy we made the move and don't regret it for a second.