View Single Post
      05-02-2023, 09:43 AM   #28
shawnhayes
Major
Rep
Drives: 22M5 CS,23X5E,24M3 CS,24 i4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmsteinm View Post
The uphill esses scared me once too. I was in my 09 CTS-V and entered the esses faster than before because I took the preceding turns faster. I got scared with how fast I was going so I lifted...and that unsettled the car and there was a lot of pucker factor. They had said don't lift there before we even got on the track. But I never quite had the guts to go as fast there again.
Never ever lift in the uphill esses. Maintenance throttle with some steadily decreasing speed is the closest you can get to losing speed up there. That tire wall has caught many many drivers on the left too fast through. The tire wall on the right has caught many many who sucked their sphincters in and lifted and paid for it with an oversteer.

PLAN your entry speed, and stick to it. Plan the exit speed and manage it. Consistency is the trick to going fast at VIR.

Just finished a weekend at CMP, and all the people there were afraid of VIR because of the high speeds and quickly rolling turns. Very different than CMP, and it shows. Although the kink can be JUST like VIR with speed and losing control.

Shawn
Appreciate 0