Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I've never understood the JEEP thing.
I own a '98 Wrangler Sahara, 4.0L inline 6, 5MT. It is definitely a niche vehicle and isn't my daily driver. It's quite fun on a nice day with no doors/roof and a cute girl in the passenger seat towing some kayaks or jetskis to the local lake. I will say it would be hard for me to buy one of the newer ones, they lack the character and seem to be electrical nightmares. The 4 door ones are hard to look at and the V6 lacks the low-end torque of the older 4.0L i-6. It's basically my 4-wheel motorcycle for nice days.

I'd probably never own a minivan or CUV if I can help it. CUVs are way too cookie-cutter and boring, and pretty much all drive the same. Minivans do have a lot of space, but generally drive terrible and have inherent transmission issues due to their design and the weight they have to carry around. A modern diesel pickup truck probably makes this list as well, since with all the emissions equipment issues they are not really worth owning unless you need something to pull a huge trailer all the time.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park