View Single Post
      10-23-2022, 12:18 AM   #81
penang
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxor View Post

To run the wire cleanly, you will need to:
- Remove the "Entrance Cover Strips", as seen in Steps 2 and 3 on this link.
- Next, gain access to the BDC module by following Steps 2 through 5 on this link up until you get to the part about disconnecting all connectors, as you will only need to remove connector A258*5B, which is identified here.
- Remove the passenger side rear seat backrest, as shown in Step #2 here.

With these steps done, your next step is to add the wiring. Start by unplugging connector A258*5B, identified above. You will be adding one of the wiring connectors to Pin #20. Once this is done, you can replace the connector in to the BDC. Now, run the wiring along the passenger side of the car. When you get to the B-Pillar, you should be able to pull it out slightly to run the wiring behind it without actually having to remove the trim. Next, when you get to the back seat, run the wiring along the factory harness, and you should be able to run it behind the trunk lining to the passenger side arm of the trunk. Continue to run it along the factory wiring here, making sure to secure it every so often with either small zip ties or electrical/fabric tape. Once you get up to the branch off for the passenger side inner tail light, this is where you will split the single wire in to two, with one continuing to follow along the factory wiring to the driver side inner tail light. For both of these wires, connect the BMW wiring connectors, and insert these connectors in to slot #5 on the tail light wiring plug.
Looks like I am late to the party and newtis has been removed. I am also one of the unlucky 2019 G30 530e (US spec) owners that has neither the wire nor the diodes in my tail lights. Could you (or any other kind soul) send or post the newtis PDFs above that I can use to get to BDC module to add the missing wire? I will switch to the EURO LCI taillight so that should solve the missing diodes issue.
Appreciate 0